Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see more an more about what can we do to prevent gun owners from having thier guns stolen ..thus feeding the bg s need for guns..
i see this as an inroad into everybody having to have all guns registered..
an absolute taboo for this 2nd ammendment advocate..
it gives the antigunners an method of knowing where every gun is ..when they are able in civil disruption,to convince the country to have all gun confiscated..of course they will say its temporary..BUT
this intern,, gives absolute power to the powers that be .. power corrupts .. absolute power corrupts absolutely.
dn t be fooled under any circumstance into giving your right to own arms
away..slim
never let it be deemed a priviledge,,or something that anyone has the right to deprive you of..

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
2. Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' ON TO MANY FREE CITIZENS.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Want to avoid having peoples guns stolen. Avoid carelessness and stupidity.

Don't leave a firearm visible in a vehicle, don't leave it in an unlocked vehicle at all.

I know things are tough in this country, and the hoodlums and scumbags are looking for any way to get your guns.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dont leave them hanging in your home in plain view either. Bad guys will break in and take em.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Remove bolts from guns not used for home defense and store them in a separate (possibly hidden) safe from the guns.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i tell some of my kids these things an they just say.. yea dad thats probably right ,,an get right quiet..heck i know they busy raising families,,[been there] but i know they also don t really believe what i speak of can happen here..i guess what wil be will be..
really more important than guns is faith in the creator an praying for his guidance..they believe in him ,,but i guess its on my head that they are confused as to what to believe..not enough worn out bibles in t the house while they were being raised i guess.. possibly also not enough other history books.. history continually repeats itself..the real truth lays in knowing mankinds past..theres always gonna be power mongers..its just the natural mans way..slim
ps some in this country believe with enough regulation an rules,,we can become a perfect society..yep a perfectly controlled society of slaves

·
Banned
415 Posts
Slim...you can tell your kids to look to their neighbours up north. We Canadians have to register every firearm purchased (except, of course, for the the illegal ones...who nobody ever sees change hands to begin with). In fact, there is even a WEBSITE where anyone can go and see what type of guns Joe Blow down the road has in his gun cabinet. Which means, of course, that Joe Blow can see what kind of guns are locked away in my cabinet. Doesn't take long for this "innocent" situation to be potentially lethal if somebody wants your guns bad enough.

To add insult to injury, the faith in our Conservative party was renewed about 3 years ago, I believe (leading to many more votes, of course), when they proclaimed loudly that they would do away with the gun registry. As of today, they are still proclaiming they will do away with it, and they still haven't taken a single step towards doing so.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,654 Posts
There is an article in the latest NRA magazine stating that the Canadian gun registry is on it's way out. Article says there are some more processes to go through before it's gone, but that it should be repealed.

Any new info?

·
Banned
415 Posts
Well, I'll tell you what...I went to purchase a gun...a little over three years ago, I guess. At that point in time, we had actually heard on the radio that the registry was gone. You can imagine my (almost) surprise when I walked into the gun store two days later and found out from the manager there that absolutely nothing had changed on their end. He said if it hadn't been for his hearing it on the news, he never would have even heard about.

Then, maybe 2 years ago, we heard that within weeks the registry would be out the door...appears the government wasn't happy about paying millions upon millions (actually about $70 million, last I heard) every year for a program that didn't actually change anything.

Again, proabably 8 months ago, we heard the registry was no more...later on that day, we heard that it was not actually repealed, but they expected everything to be wrapped up within the week. Two days later they said that it might be a few months....haven't heard anything about it since.

See, here's the thing. These "processes" that the registry has to go through to be disbanded...well, they're called the Liberals. Even if the Conservative government did decide to get rid of the registry, they only hold a minority government, meaning that the Liberals have to want the same thing if it's going to happen. Well, I mean...how often do Conservatives and Liberals really want the same thing?

I'm afriad we're in for many more dry years.

As a side note, when the (current) registry came in (think it was 1995 or 1996?), I remember thinking how stupid it was that we were having to give up certain guns (such as, say, a snub nosed pistol) because it had not been registered ON a certain date. Canada has had a registry since World War II, by the way, just that it was not mandatory. When the current (Bill C-68) registry came into effect, we were being told that our snub nosed pistol would have to be turned in, if it had not been registered ON May 3 1995 (or whatever date it may have been), though as long as it had been registered for that ONE DAY, it was considered legal and grandfathered into the system, making it legal to own.

I certainly hope it turns around sometime soon, because I'm tired of this garbage...being a lawbreaker simply because I want to use a "military-styled" semi-auto to hunt with...yet it can sit in my gun cabinet with no problem?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I just wish we could just buy firearms, in this country, like we did before the GCA of '68. It's been shown that none of the gun laws that passed, have not stopped crimes or criminals from obtaininng firearms of their choice. The only thing these Gun Control Laws have done is make it hard and burdensome for law abiding citizens to buy a gun, without going through a lot of red tape and filling out forms, and costing taxpayers a lot of money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts