Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, we can't play all the time in all the fields!  I attended a Ducks Unlimited banquet recently and won a Remington 870, 3 1/2" DU edition shotgun, and it surely isn't going to sit in the gun safe this fall.

I've ordered up some 3 1/2" hulls from Ballistic Products, and locked onto a Mec Loader for these new extra long 12ga shells.  My question is, does anyone have any favorite loads for this critter.   Yes, steel for waterfowl, but how about varmint loads, for coyotes and the like?  Looked into a 20" tube for this pumpgun, and I can't imagine a better tool in the puckerbrush when preditor calling up close and personal!  Keep in mind we have a huge, exploding population of cougar up here in the Idaho Panhandle (like many places out West), and there is aways the very real possibility of dealing with a big cat when trying to coax a coyote to come for a free meal.

Some good proven loads to use as a launching place would be appreciated!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
16 Posts
Marshall, I also have a 3-1/2" 12 gauge shotgun. Mine is a Browning Citori,great gun. I've been shooting federal ammo with "T's" for goose and it really hammers them. Plus, I've shot a couple of fox with the same load. I have tried some reloads, but no real success yet. If your MEC loader is a "Steelmaster", order a "short kit" for it. This lets you load shorter shells without changing die sets, only a base plate,rammer tube,and load bar, of course. Try "Precision Reloading" for add'l shotgun loading tools and supplies.Good outfit.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts