Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of getting one for woods carry up here in Alaska. I was curious how long the cylinder is, thus how long the load and how big a bullet they can push and to what velocity.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Been out of town vacationing or I would have answered sooner. John is correct about the 230 gr Keith. Another option is to trim the cases to 1.24". This puts the end of the bullet flush with the end of the chamber. The Cast Performance 255 gr WFN will fit as well. That is the bullet Federal uses in their Cast Core load.

I had the Tracker Ti. The 230gr at 1250 was pretty hefty for the 28oz gun. I did not want any more and neither did the gun. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any stainless steel tracker owners? So the wideflat nose bullets from BTB or Cast Performance will work below 260gr?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here is the corrected link: http://www.handloads.com/articles/dc41-230k.htm

All of the Trackers seem to share the same cylinder length (at least the 41 and 22 I have/had do). With the stainless, you gain the weight to help control the stiffer loads. The porting really works well though it does cut the velocity. I liked mine alot and only replaced to get to guns into the stable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cub- I have a Ti Tracker in 41 Mag but don't know how much help I can be to you. I did have to send it back to Taurus since the cylinder did not seem to be aligned properly. It was sent back with the problem corrected and everything working. They didn't say what was wrong, nor do they ever seem to. The reason I bought it was that I always wanted a 4" bbl lightweight revolver for hip carry and packed a bit of a punch. Even with the problems the Charter Arms line had I looked for quite a while for their lightweight .357 Mag. When the Tracker Ti came out I jumped on it with both feet. I've only fired a few boxes of ammo through it, one of them the Fed Cast Core. I don't find the recoil very bad, a lot depends on what you're used to and your tolerance. The porting and grips really work. Also have a Mountain Gun and a 3" Mod 60 with adj sights, so among other problems I have a soft spot for lightweight hip guns. Moved about a year ago and haven't set up my reloading operation, so some of the questions I can't answer. If your want to bounce anything off me I'd be happy to try filling in an answer. I do like the .41 Tracker a lot. Even with the limited amount of shooting I've done with it, it does seem accurate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts