Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a Glock nut, and liking good deals, I just purchased an OD Green G39 for $389 new in box.

Just curious if anyone around here is shooting the GAP.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Stock Up

On another forum which I am active on,when the GAP comes up,the conversation is ALWAYS hot and heavy. The pros and cons are batted back and forth like a shuttlecock.

I am the proud owner of two Glocks but never heard the calling for a GAP. To me it is the typical answer to a "problem" that never existed.

I would suggest that you(and all owners of GAP's) either tool up to reload(w/ plenty of brass) or buy yourself a few cases of factory ammo. I(as many others) feel that the chambering will not be around very long. Of course,others feel just the opposite.

To me,it is the one and only FUBAR that Gaston has ever made. As with all firearms,enjoy that weapon,but plan for the future. ----pruhdlr
Gret decission on that OD Glock. Both mine are OD and I would never own anything but.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I have extra motive for the GAP. Our local City police carry the GAP, and in a year or so, I plan on changing careers and getting into LE. So I wanted to go ahead and get some experience with the GAP. I have owned two G30's, one OD and one Black. Love the .45 ACP, but my 27's and my wifes 26 is so much easier to conceal. Also another reason for trying the 39. Trust me, Im eating crow, as I have bad mouthed the round since it came out, but I will keep you updated on how I shoot with it. I currectly CC a G23, and love it, but the subcompacts can be hidden under a tshirt, even on my slim frame. I'm a Glockaid drinker !

G23=2
G26=1
G27=3
G30=2
G32=1
G39=1 now :D

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,751 Posts
It does have the utility of making the grip frame smaller. A double-stack .45 ACP is a handful, although I know of one gunsmith that makes a pretty good side business of slimming down Glock frames.

Can you trim down .45 ACP brass? If so - you'll be set. Lee trimmer in a drill press and have fun.....

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you can Mike. The GAP operates at ACP +p pressure. Thats how it matches standard 45 ACP loads

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have a .45 GAP on my To Get list. Mostly for the novelty of the thing, so it's not very high on the list.

I generally think the .45 GAP is a good idea that hasn't been implemented correctly yet. But, I agree that the .45 GAP is doomed. Between shooters being stubborn and old fashioned and the ammunition being much more expensive at the moment, I don't think it has much of a future.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More and more Police Departments are adopting it. Our local City Police love theirs. I'll let you guys know. Im now getting two of them. I'm selling my .40 cal Glock to fund another GAP. I will have the 38 and the 39.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Its going nowhere folks. As in it will be around for a long time to come.

In 2003 not a single state agecy issued it. In 2008 it was issued to 8%. The FHP made it 10% this year. The ACP is issued to guess how many state agecies folks???.............. The ACP is issued to 10% aswell. In 7 years it has done what the ACP has in 105. Not bad at all!

For the record, so no one can say it. The question that was asked was for a 45ACP powered round to be fired from a 9mm sized frame gun made by Glock. Gaston answered that question and it is like a wild fire in santa anna winds........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts