Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Guy,

I concure with you on Johns books. I enjoyed them alot and will re-read them. Having had an oportunity to read "The Breaking of Ezra Riley" made my little walk on the land much more interesting.

John...no check needed, just send rabbits ;*)

Scotty

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scotty - Did you get to "Deadman"? I think I'm having a hard time just imagining how big his ranch is. I lent my "Ezra Riley Trilogy" and the book of advice to his son to one of my "on the fence" neighbors - hopefully he'll be started on the right path when he gets done reading them. Best Regards, Guy

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mainer,

Well, we drove to our camping spot on Deadman road. I dunno exactly where we were most of the time. Sunday's ranch is not very big, I think I could walk across it in a day or two. (it is mostly up and down I think. If you streached it flat it would be huge! 8*)

We had a couple of slightly stormy nights and I thought about that part of the book. There was a lightning rod on the corral we camped next to. I looked upon it with much suspicion!

The most interesting places were the pockets of badlands. They just kept going down and down. Once I got to what I thought was the bottom, there was one more little gully...Glad I did not shoot a deer down in one of them holes!

He does raise some tasty rabbits on that spread of his. Small, but tasty! It took a few pointers from Sunday before I got within shooting distance of a deer. I should have asked for pointers on shootin also...LOL! The rabbits were much more gullible than the deer thankfully or we would have had to live on coldcuts.

I would have perhaps done better if I could have guit my oooohhhhin and awwwwwin at the neat country. I have no regrets though since my son and I had a great time with a great host.

The thing I appreciated most about Sunday's books was that they were "down to earth" and not some story from spiritual la' la' land.

Scotty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts