Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
86 Posts
In fairness to Paco, he states in the same article that this load does indeed exceed published max but makes a good case for the fact that we are not afraid to load the same lever gun in 375 Win, 45-70, 444, or 38-55 to higher pressures than the original loadings so why hold the little 3030 back so? The pressures involved are not going to blow primers and are still easier in the gun than the larger cased rounds.  FWIW.   KevinNY

· Banned
86 Posts
Bill,
    I am not argueing for Paco's cause,but  a new marlin336 vs a 94 made at the turn of the century is not apples to apples either,the cases are not the same either,One could argue that a new starline 45-70 case is the same as an old blackpowder case too and Marshalls hatful of 335 in a marlin and a 405gr bullet gives substantially more pressure AND bolt thrust than a 3030,the 45-70 IS a tapered case by the way. If it was straight we'd have carbide dies for it and it would be a 475.  It is not my intention to step on any toes here and of course the safest way to make your 3030 shoot faster is to run a 3030 Ackley Improved reamer into it!  KevinNY

· Banned
86 Posts
Bill,
   I can see your concerns as far as case life goes,I guess you are worried about loose primer pockets and such.  Not to belabor the point but the 375 win is the same case head and goes 49000 CUP so I guess they are just not reloadable?
KevinNY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.