Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
65 Posts
I too, am a fan of the Lee factory crimp die. Most of the bad stuff going around was generated by Lee's competitors. There were quite a few adds dipicting them as damaging to bullets and accuracy. If you put too heavy a crimp on the case you can damage the bullet and possibly effect accuracy, but if you don't, you wont. It is a matter of using the dies properly, and if you do, they are one of the best tools available to the reloader, just watch what you are doing and follow the recommendations from Lee. I use them extensively on my .30-06 ammo for my 1917 Enfield and 03A3 as well as on my .303 British ammo.

· Banned
65 Posts
kciH;
I use the Lee Factory Crimp Die on .223 for my ARs and Mini14 ammo. Like I posted earlier, the negative adds are from competitors of Lee who were losing sales. The dies are fully adjustable and you can damage the cases and bullets if you overtighten the dies, but if you don't, you wont. I have pulled .223 bullets that I have used the Lee die on and they are no more deformed than those I have crimped with RCBS or Lyman dies because I adjusted them correctly.

In my Colt HBar (1:7 twist) I have noticed that accuracy has improved since I started useing the Lee die, but in all fairness, it could be that I have just become a fantastic shot :D and not the dies (just kidding). I also use the die on my .308s for the M1A, FNFAL and HK91, with equally good results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.