Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this can stay here because it seems only BP hunters in magnification restricted areas use this scope. Looking for people's experience with this scope because I may install one on a new rifle.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
In Wisconsin we are not allowed magnification in our scopes. I put all my scopes on quick release mounts. That way I can put a magnified scope on the rifle for modern season and range play, but use a 1x scope for my muzzle loader season.

I have three different 1x scopes I use. The Nikon 1x20mm, the Traditions Hawkins 1x32mm, and the Traditions 1x32mm scope. All of them work really well. The Nikon is an excellent scope. I put that on my White Ultra Mag and it makes a nice aiming device, it gathers light perfect, eye relief is what you need it to be, and the glass is excellent. So far I have not been able to break one. I bought it new for $149.00

The Traditions 1x32mm has good glass, has taken a lot of abuse, eye relief is what you need it, and I bought it new for $50.00. So far it has been a good scope. I have two of them.

The T/C Hawkins I have two of them. They are a 1x32mm. Great Glass, eye relief is what you need to have, I have managed to knock one into fog. Sent it in, and it was replaced. One I paid $129.00 and the other $99.00 for. A good scope.

The one powder scopes for me work great. I have a real problem wit fiber optic sights. With the one power scope, I can set that up and do some good shooting out to 100 yards. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is very helpful indeed. This is for a Ruger #1A coming this year, hopefully. The Nikon or maybe the Sightron 1X are my current leading choice.

Some people talk of an optical effect where the scope image is apparently a little smaller than the eyesight image. Have you experienced this?

The future addition of a second scope makes a ton of sense to me now. Does your POAim wander alot when you swap out scopes?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have had Sightron scopes. I will not go into it, but I sold them. The Nikon is a great choice. And yes, it does appear that things are smaller in the Nikon. After all it is only a 20mm. Although it does gather light real well. I was hunting at dusk and if I could see it over the sights, I could see it in the scope. You will never do that with the RED DOTs out there. But, this was one reason I went to the larger 32mm in the Thompson Center and the Traditions. I thought it might open the field of view.

The Traditions was kind of a fluke. It was $50.00 at a local sporting goods store (and they are on sale right now at Traditions Arms for I think $39.00). Another muzzleloader shooter told me about his 1x32mm Traditions scope and how well it worked on his muzzleloader. So I bought it, just to try and break it. I put it on a White muzzleloader that shoots large conical bullets. I figured the shock it would take would break it. Well I have managed to fog out a T/C but not one of the traditions. They work great. Although that Nikon is really hard to beat.

I have no problem changing from a multi power to a 1x. There is no POI difference because they each have their own special rings and only go on one rifle. It makes it kind of nice. As I can develop loads with the multi power and then after the load is set, switch over to the 1x and shoot that way as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts