Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm considering moving to Missouri when I retire from the military 18 months from now. I am cosidering the area around Whiteman Air Force Base and the area around Jefferson City. If any of you are familiar with these areas I'm hoping to get some advice. How is the huntig and public land situation? Get alot of snow? I am an avid fox squirrel and deer hunter. I do most of my hunting with rifles both modern and black powder. Any opinions will be appriciated. Thanks.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,441 Posts
Erik,

I grew up in southwest Missouri and have hunted in that area and also around Lake of the Ozarks a little.

There is quite a lot of public land for hunting. Just get a current state map - the national forests will be well-marked.

Also, the Conservation Department (fish & game basically) has lots of little walk-in areas where you can hunt all over the state.

Plenty of small game and lots of deer in the past few years.

I'd say it is a pretty good place for hunting opportunities. Lots of fishing too.

See if you can find the state web site - should be more information there. http://www.state.mo.us/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts