Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
when I replace mine that got stollen I'll measure it for you.

·
Super Moderator
13,441 Posts
My magazine tube measure 0.702", so it is probably 0.700" + some tolerance. The barrel is 0.739" at the muzzle and 0.934" at the receiver, except that I can't see for sure that I have the barrel fully half way around at the receiver end? I'd have to pull the front stock to be certain. It's likely to be close.

·
Super Moderator
13,441 Posts
Remeasuring more carefully (not standing in the closet and looking under poor light). The very end of the muzzle is closer to 0.735". 11" back from the muzzle is where the handguard ends, and it is 0.854" there. It appears that taper continues until about 18" back from the muzzle, at which point the barrel becomes closer to straight and is about .0937" and gradually reduces to 0.934" at the breech.

So, you have a taper of about 0.6 degrees. The edge where the taper meets the straight portion is blended, so it is difficult to determine exactly where the transition occurs?. Deflection from the contouring lathe may make the cylinder slightly narrower at the breech end, accounting for the 0.003" that goes missing back there?

·
Super Moderator
13,441 Posts
Yes. 22" 1895. The outside of the barrel is 21.25" long from the receiver forward, so apparently the receiver has about 3/4" of thread.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm machining a tri picatinny rail mount thats gonna fit over my barrel and extended magazine tube thats why I needed the measurements, its good to know there is a taper gonna have to factor that into my CAD drawing

·
Registered
583 Posts
looks like U.N. beat me to it. Just picked mine up at Cabelas yesterday. I dare say this one shined up nicer than my first one. :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
they do when they are attached to a reciever and stock. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts