Shooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone on the form from Idaho? Or do any of you hunt in Idaho? Marshall you dont have to anwser this one!! Lets here from the idaho hunters,

thanks scott

·
Registered
156 Posts
I`m from Idaho, I pretty much hunt all over the state. Most of the time I hunt with my 2 sons. I love it here and really enjoy getting out in the mts. and the deserts.It`s quite a state to be out and enjoy yourselves in.       Don

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yep, Boise area. I hunt deer, elk, turkey, and varmits. I'd also hunt moose, Bighorn sheep, Rocky Mtn. goats, and antelope.... if I could just be drawn in the game lotteries.  

May start hunting ducks, as a guy nearby with Labs has invited me when the fall season.  

This is a great state for many reasons.  L.W.

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Sure,I hunt Idaho!

Mulies and Whitetail, black bear, elk, grouse, ducks & geese.  Would like to get drawn for moose and antelope, but antelope in WY are cheap!

I live in the North Panhandle of Idaho... miss the small game hunting that is available in the south part of the state.   We have no chuckar, quail, rabbits, rock-chucks, squirrels or other such small game.   If you're into big game, the Panhandle is a great place to be, but isn't the hunting utopia many would like to believe.

I love Idaho, and it's a great place to raise kids!

Best regards from the Panhandle!

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
1,177 Posts
I live 60 miles north of NYC.

Our primary big game here is Whitetail and Bronx Buffalos every fall.

Does that count for anything? :biggrin:

Regards

:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live on a farm about 45 miles East of Lewiston Idaho.

I hunt right out in back of the house.  Two of the last three white tails I have killed were within 300 yards of the house.  Last year I had to go looking a little further, killed one about 3/4 mile from home.

Back in the mid to late 70s, we had a ground squirrel population explosion and that gave us some small game to shoot at.  They apparently died of disease or predators, I know we didn't do much with all the ones we killed, they were just thick.  They were getting few and far between in the early 80s, most everybody quit hunting them and right now I don't know of any in the immediate area.

Elk are pretty thick around here in June and July, but they move on and are not to be found by hunting season.  We also have turkey, pheasant, quail.  Occasionally a cougar or bear will pass through the area, but not many.

A few Californicators pass through also, but there isn't any legal season on them.

·
Beartooth Regular
2,139 Posts
Hello all,
    I live in the Panhandle of Idaho, and hunt mostly deer, although occasionally I have hunted bear and elk. I do miss all the small game that I hunted growing up on the East Coast (mid-Atlantic). But this is a good place to raise my son (not a hunter or shooter I'm afraid!).

Regards!

·
Premium Member
14,560 Posts
I'm way south in the desert mountains. I live in Idaho for the hunting and the attitude.

Reactions: Crusty Ol'Coot

·
Registered
381 Posts
Weiser here. I'm disabled so I can only hunt coyotes, rockchucks and whistlepigs.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Wow! I guess we just came outta hibernation late ! I'm FROM Montana but have lived and hunted here in South East Idaho for almost 30 years. Deer and elk are my favorite species to hunt, but my body has slowed me down now.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am from up north, born and raised....sure wish Marshall would let me drop buy to purchase bullets, it sucks living in the same town and having to pay shipping!!!!!! :D ;)

Reactions: DanWin22

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I live in Southern Idaho..I hunt Unit 54 for elk and deer if I can draw, its the best in the state. I also hunt 46 for elk if I can draw, its the big desert and has the biggest bulls in the world...but its hard to draw and harder to hunt, success rate on a kill is probably less than 10%..

·
Registered
655 Posts
Good luck this year Scaler! We most likely hunt the same elk, since we live in the same area :) I hunt the Selkirks, and occasionally the Cabinets, but usually only during my week of bow season.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just gotta bring it back to life, I live in Utah but my wife is from Malad, anyone near that area?

Terry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts