Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
106 Posts
Almost all my dies are Dillon. I haven't had a problem with the crimp on the 44 Magnum with some, um, stout, loads or with the 380 which really doesn't use much crimp at all.

For heavy revolver loads tight case tension is more important than a heavy crimp in holding the bullet in place anyway, so as long as your size die does a good job and your expander doesn't push it out to much the crimp is a distant second. Without proper case tension all the crimp in the world won't hold heavy bullets in place under recoil.

· Banned
106 Posts
I belive that "Accu crimp" is mostly just Dillons marketing term for a roll crimp. Their new dies do come apart easily for cleaning by pulling a pin so you don't have to adjust them again afterwards, but the crimp is still just a roll crimp. But that's a good thing, you want a roll crimp on virtually all revolver rounds, especially on the big magnums.

Are you shooting the 445 in a Dan Wesson?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.