Shooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is not an advertisement, I was just browsing around on the web looking around for .450 marlin rifles and stumbled upon a company that makes .450 marlin AR upper recievers... is that badass or what.

you gotta scroll down a bit they have pics of the .450 marlin in a magazine, they make magaizine obviously too

http://www.ar-10-rifles.com/index.php

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it's about half way down.

3.5 pd 2 stage trigger.

1" muzzle brake

comes with a 5 round magazine (they should really make one in 10,20, and 30 for zombie apocalypse lol)

available in 16" -24" lengths

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Uh, no thank you! Having fired a 450BM, that is quite enough recoil for me! :eek:

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,670 Posts
Oh my :eek: !!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Lends new description to "rock-n-roll" in selectfire. Wow.

Are coyote hunters getting bored with their .223's?

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Just when ya thought you'd seen everything!:eek::eek: Heck it usually takes me the whole levering process to work up the nerve for another shot in my .450, just pull the trigger again??:D:D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
With that belt all I see is problems feeding. I'll stick with the .458 SOCOM thank you. And you can fit 7 of those in a 20 round mag and 11 in a 30, and 14 or 15 (I forget which) in a 40. In the MGI drum you can fit 32 or 33. And the .458S is in the lighter and more compact AR-15 platform. I would wager the reason you can only put 5 rounds in that 450 Marlin mag is because of stacking problems because of the belt, any more and it is a jam-o-matic. Otherwise they would have bigger mags. And the .450 Marlin is only about 200 fps faster than the .458 SOCOM. Not worth the headaches for only 200 fps.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Well, they do advertise the .300SAUM and .325WSM (MY mistake, NOT belted cases!! sorry) with belted cases as well. Although the 200 FPS difference might not mean much (anything?) to many, it is a difference of about 500 FPE for a common 350gr loading. Surely nothing to worry about with a hog, moose or deer, but perhaps facing something wanting to chew:eek::eek: on you it could be worthwhile.:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If someone made an ar upper in .45-70 i'd definately get it. all the different loads from mild to safari level... would be sick

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
If someone made an ar upper in .45-70 i'd definately get it. all the different loads from mild to safari level... would be sick
Greg, they already made a cartridge that duplicates 45/70 ballistics...it's called the 450 Bushmaster and is readily available. Unless you're a distant cousin of Tang, it is as much recoil as you want, even in a fairly heavy AR.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Problem with the 450 Bushmaster is that it uses .452" pistol bullets. The .458 SOCOM address the issues using .458" rifle bullets.

CD

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greg, they already made a cartridge that duplicates 45/70 ballistics...it's called the 450 Bushmaster and is readily available. Unless you're a distant cousin of Tang, it is as much recoil as you want, even in a fairly heavy AR.
.450 bushmaster is under powered brother. i mean REAL .45/70 loads i'm talking about 400 grain bullets at 2000 fps

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The 450 Bushmaster @ 2600 ftlbs of energy is plenty enough to do the job on anything. The AR is gas operated so you probably can't go beyond a standard factory load of 1595ftlbs in the 45-70-still plenty enough to do the job on anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts