Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a Winchester 94 Trails End in 45 Colt.  It's not an angle eject model.  I want to put AO Ghost Ring sites on it.  Are they a quality unit, and will they fit the factory D&T holes?  Should I be looking at Redfield or Lyman instead?

Tom

·
Banned
145 Posts
Tom,
I too and contemplating the AO sights for a Winchester 94.  They have an excellent reputation.  Check out the AO site www.ashleyoutdoors.com  The rear should mount to the existing reciever holes for the rear scope mount.

·
Registered
240 Posts
One of the things that I like best about the AO Ghost Ring set up is how quickly they snap into view. A short rifle equipped with these sights can come into play as quickly as a handgun. They are particularly good in lower light because of the contrasty white bar on a black blade. The fit is perfect  and quality excellent.

The only thing that I would recommed to AO as a wish-list item is to develop a version of the rear sight that adjusts with small knurled knobs.

(Edited by Stranger at 10:10 am on Jan. 3, 2002)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Tom,
The AO Ghost Ring is a real winner!  I have one on my Win. 94 Timber Car. and it's quick and sturdy.  Yes, it does mount using the factory tapped holes at the rear of receiver- just don't forget the lock tite.  Wild West Guns makes a ghost ring for the Winchester also.  They have 'ears' on the side that protect the ghost ring post should the rifle be dropped on the sight.  You can see a picture of it on their web site.
Best Wishes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts