Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im interested in getting a nice crisp trigger for my AR, its not for competition shooting, just a nice clean trigger

thanks in advance

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
I've installed the JP and Jard trigger setups on mine and numberous shooting friends rifles. While the JP is easier to install and adjust, personally I like the Jard setup much better. It does require more work installing depending on the receiver manufacture. All adjustments are held securely by use of lock tite threadlocker (use 290 penetrating type). If you go this route I recommend you buy a set of ball tip Bondus hex keys first. They will allow adjustment of set screws without repeated disassembly to gain access with regular hex keys. Have no personal experience with the Mcormick assembly.

Jard assemblies used were 2 pound triggers and weight of pull is adjustable by changing one spring. I'm no expert on the various aspects of trigger pull, over travel and let off but like the Jard over the JP.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I too would recommend the Jard adjustable trigger. It is very nice. It does take a little tinkering to get it just the way you like but it's not a difficult process and they send a good set of instructions with it.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Check out the Rock River arms 2 stage.
great trigger.:cool:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
For just a plain shootin' rifle, and not a specialized match or varmint piece, it is hard to beat the Rock River trigger for performance and price.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
All of mine wear the Rock River National Match Two-Stage set and tuned to 3.5 pounds by White Oak Armament, John Holliger. I have roughly 20 of these and every single one feels exactly like the other. He does not sell them any more but you can buy them for $100 from ADCO (send for special pricing) and then John will tune them and set them to any poundage you want for $30-$35.
I have only had one trigger John could not set up exactly as I wished so he did not charge me for the tuning. He could only get it to 3.75 pounds. Because of recent changes RR has made to the trigger, they are not as easy to set up to exact weights as they were before. Still, they are an excellent trigger IMO IF you like a two stage and many do not. I, however, use either the 2 stage or stick with stock.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Do My Own

I always do my own triggers but would just like to add..........the start to any accurate AR is the trigger. I see people buy a Tacti-Cool this or that and pay good money only to find out that the weapon shoots to minute of truck hood.

Some of them 24" SS bbls have some of the crappiest triggers that could be put on a "Sniper,Counter Sniper,Varmint Hunter,Long Range,Accurate",type of weapon. Spend $200+ for a premium bbl and have a crappy trigger,I THINK NOT.

First step to an accurate AR is a great trigger. ----pruhdlr

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've got two RRA ARs and both have their two stage trigger. They are both about 6 yrs old so they have the older design. Like Big Bore, I like that they both feel the same. Because they are well broken in, they are even smoother with a lighter break.

For me they are just fine and my A4 shoots <1MOA at 300yds using 68grn Hornadys and TAC (yes, I know most rifles shoot better with 69grn Sierras but mine likes Hornadys better).

·
Super Moderator
13,436 Posts
I have Frank White's (Compass Lake Engineering) trigger on mine. Hard to beat because it feels like a 2 lb trigger even when it is actually a NMC legal 4.5 lbs. He does it by adjusting the first stage to second stage pull weight ratio. It was still under a C-note last time I looked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts