Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont be believe they are but i want to hear from somone who knows more about cali laws i hate them but it where im stuck for now

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Unless I'm missing something that site covers conceled carry. Interesting that there state constitution has no right to be armed for self defense. Really makes one wonder why anyone would settle there back hundred fifty years ago.

·
Super Moderator
13,685 Posts
AFAIK, suppressors are federally regulated, and if you can get your county sheriff to sign off on it, pass an FBI fingerprint check for criminal history, and pay the federal tax, you can buy one. If California has its own separate ban on sheriffs signing off on that, then there is nothing you can do there, now. When incorporation of the Second Amendment is done by the coming SCOTUS decision later this year (seems very likely because not only pro-gun politicians and lawyers, but a lot of liberal groups support it since, by inference, incorporation of the rest of the Bill of Rights depends on that consistency), that may be one kind of thing that can be changed by law suit?

·
Banned
76 Posts
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/

Might want to use this website. Think you will find that before long they will even take away the COPs guns in Kalifornia. Hopeully the San Andreas fault will start working soon so I can have some beach front property here in Nevada.

Really makes one wonder why anyone would settle there back hundred fifty years ago.
Kalifornia didnt always work like that. My Grandfather came there in 1865. I remember as a kid we all had gun racks and went to school with the hunting rifle in the back so when we got out of class we could head over the hills to hunt the McCloud flats. One of the guys got a buck not a mile off campus in College in Weed. And NOBODY stole your guns.
Im retired LEO from California and cant go back because of the Guns I own here in Nevada. I can also carry in California based on my ID and currency of qualification, just cant buy anything, but who would want too.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Unless I'm missing something that site covers conceled carry. Interesting that there state constitution has no right to be armed for self defense. Really makes one wonder why anyone would settle there back hundred fifty years ago.

You'll have to actually look at it, not only does it cover NFA stuff, it covers restrictions.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
AFAIK, suppressors are federally regulated ...
In addition to federal regulation, roughly half of all states outlaw them completely. This has been the case in Missouri until recently, which has changed its law to allow sound suppressors for C&R license holders.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
well i myself can understand thier concern over silencers ,,although i may make one for my 22..if some of the boys i knew in charlotte had hadem.. they was mean enough to shoot somebody just because they could do it quietly..ida been dead for sure ,,as i tangled withum ..wasn t nothin they wouldnt do..i was scared of the pack so learned to stay away or else i was gonna have to go on a one heck of a shooting spree one night..thats a fact, slim
i finally got my fanny back to the country,,when the light came on in my slightly unsmart noggin..
still im anti ,,any dang more regulation ..slim

·
Super Moderator
13,685 Posts
Suppressors are just another of those firearm-related things, like bayonet lugs and flash suppressors in the past, regulated more in response to vivid imagination regarding their capabilities than by fact. Most have specifications claiming to reduce sound in the vicinity of 30 db, give or take. That’s about what my range hearing protection achieves. So, if I can hear a gun with hearing protection on, then I will be able to hear a “silenced” version of it. The sound changes tenor, losing high frequency components, same as the muffler on a car causes, but is still plenty audible, if not as readily identifiable.

Silencing most calibers, even if subsonically loaded, to the level you see in Movies and on TV, would take something the size on an oil drum to accomplish. Not something assassin haute couture commonly includes a holster for. The subsonic .22 can be done with less, but not as much less as the entertainment media supposes.

(Aside: I read somewhere once that Hiram Maxim invented the automobile muffler after inventing his “silencer”.)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
What amazes me is the way Hollywood has influenced our gun laws, even way back in the mid 20th century when suppressors were put on the "most wanted" list along with MGs. It was Hollywood that made suppressors into silencers because most suppressors are anything but silent. And in most European nations with gun controls much more stringent than ours, and who our government lately is so fond to imitate, sound suppressors are not only legal but encouraged.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What amazes me is the way Hollywood has influenced our gun laws, even way back in the mid 20th century when suppressors were put on the "most wanted" list along with MGs. It was Hollywood that made suppressors into silencers because most suppressors are anything but silent. And in most European nations with gun controls much more stringent than ours, and who our government lately is so fond to imitate, sound suppressors are not only legal but encouraged.
Bigbore,
Are you settled in your new home now? How are the 2 new dogs doing? I wish you were still here in Va. so we could go shooting some. :(

·
Banned
505 Posts
are suppressers legal in california
The only supressers in California that are okay are the ones that surpress the 2nd amendment! Nothing is legal in California, relating to guns. COL. Welcome to the Nazi empire. California has a nick name but it is not related to any thing gun related, They are pro(or for everything wrong with America) everything but guns in that state. :mad: Survive and get out asap. Good luck bro!

·
Banned
210 Posts
Went there once, well a few times. Doubt you can do much down there in this age!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts