Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread like this on another forum and thought it was a good idea. If you are willing to show someone the ropes you might consider making it known here. Maybe if we get enough interested parties the mods will make this thread a sticky.

I live in Owego, NY and I am willing to show someone how to handload. If you are in my neck of the woods and are interested in learning just PM me.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,137 Posts
Presently teaching another range officer from the gunrange the ropes.

Anyone in this area that may need help, give a whistle.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I live just south of Indianapolis and would gladly show any interested party the basics of reloading and even help them develop a good load for their rifle. I had a member from these pages ask if I would make some "hot" 44/40 loads for him and said I would much rather have him come to my place and learn how it works and be involved in the process. I'm sad to say, even though he lived close enough to make the trip, I have never heard back from him on the offer.

I have even thought of offering to teach a beginner's reloading class at the local sporting goods shop, but I'm sure it would cost a zillion dollars in liability insurance, so I haven't pursued it.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I live just south of Indianapolis and would gladly show any interested party the basics of reloading and even help them develop a good load for their rifle. I had a member from these pages ask if I would make some "hot" 44/40 loads for him and said I would much rather have him come to my place and learn how it works and be involved in the process. I'm sad to say, even though he lived close enough to make the trip, I have never heard back from him on the offer.

I have even thought of offering to teach a beginner's reloading class at the local sporting goods shop, but I'm sure it would cost a zillion dollars in liability insurance, so I haven't pursued it.
Just south of Indy.....I deployed out of Camp Atterberry twice. Just assume I never see that place again! It is pretty country though. Anyplace that has smallmouth is good country.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I talk to guys about it all the time. Give them advice on what to buy, talk about the cost, the time, the fun and the advantages of reloading. Most never take it past that.
Got a guy at work that I'm going to do a session or two with. May loan him enough gear (less dies) to get him going until he gets the stuff he needs.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I live on the Northeast side of Houston, If you are willing to listen I am willing to teach. I already am teaching a few what I know, one more would be no problem.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Yes. I run a seminar once a year at my rod and gun club. Between seminars, I sit down with individuals for one on one lessons.
Pete

·
Registered
670 Posts
I taught my youngest son, who in turn taught his oldest brother. I'll hep anyone who needs help, but my work hours are terrible.

I'm getting ready to teach my Pastor soon.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Ya Darned Tootin'

I live in the Pensacola Fla area and am VERY willing to help anyone that is honestly interested in learning to shoot,hunt,or reload. I have a very good place for the range training in that I am a member of the Pensacola Rifle Pistol Club. It is a NRA sanctioned club and the members HAVE to be a member of the NRA in order to join our club. We also have a waiting list of prospective members.

I would also like to say that the way to get started into reloading is to read,and re-read,any loading manual that you can get your hands on. People getting into reloading should initially try to help themselves. I would also state that the very best way to learn reloading is to actually sit down at a bench with an experienced reloader. Waaaay back when,I had the advantage of doing this and it helped me through the initial stuff that sometimes comes to you kinda hard from any publication.

Would like to say also.....you will never save any money by reloading....you will simply shoot more. ----pruhdlr

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes, Am currently talking to two parties about it. Others use my XL650 to load handgun ammo for themselvs. I would welcome more.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm in Boyne City, Michigan. If you need a hand getting started and want to get together just give me a holler via PM's here.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Ya'll sure are a helpful bunch! That's one thing great about the shooting/hunting community. Even with as difficult as it is getting to find places to hunt, we're all willing to help someone get started in the sport. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Count me in . I live in NW Mt. and am always looking for a shooting or reloading buddy when I'm home . I work in the oil patch in ND but I'm home 2 weeks out of the month....

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys, you have to tell people where you are so if they are interested they will know how far they have to travel to get a mentor.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey guys, I am coming in a little late, but if anyone wants some help I am more than willing to try and show the basics. Just give me a pm.

Blessings,

1 - 20 of 36 Posts