Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 arisaka that has been sporterized that is lacking the magazine box, spring and follower. Apparently this is common because I cannot find replacement parts. That action was influenced by mauser design is there a mauser spring and follower that would interchange in either stock form or modified form?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gil but nether has the spring and follower. There are a number of sources for the magazine box but not the spring and follower. For some reason the loss of the spring and follower must be common. It just seems that followers are for the most part similar on mausers, the follower in my swede looks close to the arisaka. Maybe I just need to try it.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
You know, a Mauser spring and follower might be made to work with slight modification -- or maybe, no modification. I certainly think it might be worthwhile to try it, assuming the Mauser parts are reasonably-priced.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I brought up the schematics at Numrich for both the arisaka and model 98 mauser. In the diagrams they look alike, I guessed that the 7.7 and 8mm are close in size so a 5 round magazine must be approx the same size in both. I ordered a used mauser follower which is steel which means I can make it wider, narrower, longer or shorter the spring should work just fine. I will report if it does work, thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while

My parts got here. It looks like the spring and follower were made for the arisaka. It went right in, I don't have any ammo to try to feed it but it looks like it fits perfectly. If there is anything wrong it will be a little narrow. It can definitely be made to work if it doesn't already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.