1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'am just here
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From an email I received.

CALIFORNIA, HERE WE COME!

ArmaLite Introduces A California Compliant Rifle

(Geneseo, IL) ArmaLite, Inc® is pleased to introduce a California compliant rifle, the SPR Mod 1 Carbine. The Golden State’s hunters and competitive shooters can now enjoy what the rest of Americans can: a true and complete ArmaLite!ArmaLite’s long “History of Innovation” BEGAN in California in 1954 and we have never forgotten our roots.

The .223/5.56 NATO SPR Mod 1 includes a ten round magazine and California compliant magazine release as required by state law.

Caliber: .223/5.56 NATO
Barrel: 16” chrome lined, chrome moly vanadium steel
Rifling twist: RH 1:9”
Magazine Release: California compliant
Muzzle Device: Flash suppressor
Front Sight Base: Picatinny gas block
Sights: A.R.M.S. polymer #71L-F & #71L-R
Trigger: Tactical two stage
Length: 33” with stock extended, approximately 29.5” collapsed
Weight: Approximately 6.5 lbs.
Accuracy: 1.5 – 2.5 MOA

Included with rifle: One 10 round magazine, sling, black case, owner’s manual and limited lifetime warranty.

ArmaLite has one of the broadest product lines in the firearms industry. We manufacture and sell semiautomatic rifles in a variety of calibers including 5.56mm and 7.62mm, long range super-accurate bolt action rifles in calibers including .308 Winchester, .300 Winchester Magnum, .338 Lapua,
.50 BMG, and classic 9mm pistols. Visit ArmaLite at ArmaLite Inc.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
I had to double check before I opened this thread to make sure it wasn't in the humor section.....Fully expected a single shot rubber band gun.

Like Shawn mentioned, it should generate some good sales before someone closes the door.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
1.5-2.5" groups? What the **** is that? I'll be ****ed if I'd pay Armalite money for a gun that shoots like a mini-14.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
1.5-2.5" groups? What the **** is that? I'll be ****ed if I'd pay Armalite money for a gun that shoots like a mini-14.
Maybe one of the CA requirements is that the gun be built so you can't hit a DANG THING with it?! :D

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,926 Posts
I think there's a few Mini-14 shooters that would be glad to step up to that level of accuracy ... :p

Seriously - it is good news. Let's not complain. I'm sure a few common accuracy tricks will get that gun shooting as well as any other AR.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
If Rock River makes an Assault Weapons Ban compliant LAR-15, why has it taken Armalite taken so long? Sounds like someone dropped the ball at that shop.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I talked to the head guy at Armalite about building one back at the 2003 shot show he sounded interested at the time.. but they are a little late to the party.. now.. Too bad they lost a lot of sales between then and now.. B2B

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The CA compliant mag release is a special type of device called a "Bullet Button." It fits in place of the normal magazine release button but you need a tool, in this case a bullet point will do so hence the name, to push in on the button and release the mag. Since you need a tool of some sort to drop the mag the rifle is considered to have a fixed magazine. ANY AR-15 type rifle with a Bullet Button installed is CA compliant if you want to build one yourself. However, Armalite is one of the first few large companies, but not the first, to offer the Bullet Button as standard issue on their rifles and gearing them specifically toward the CA market.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
The CA compliant mag release is a special type of device called a "Bullet Button." It fits in place of the normal magazine release button but you need a tool, in this case a bullet point will do so hence the name, to push in on the button and release the mag. Since you need a tool of some sort to drop the mag the rifle is considered to have a fixed magazine. ANY AR-15 type rifle with a Bullet Button installed is CA compliant if you want to build one yourself. However, Armalite is one of the first few large companies, but not the first, to offer the Bullet Button as standard issue on their rifles and gearing them specifically toward the CA market.
Lemme guess...a rifle outfitted with such a mag release would take about 20 minutes to convert back to a "normal" release? It really makes you wonder why they bother when only the law-abiding folks will take the rules seriously.

·
Registered
34 Posts
To truly make a rifle 'California compliant', there has to be a seperate picatinny rail for the flower bouquet, and there must be a (visible to Law Enforcement Officers) Rainbow etched into the reciever.

:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I believe that the lower must be a OFF LIST LOWER (OLL) and then have a bullet button and a 10 round magazine installed... I know Armalite was ON the LIST, so not sure how they arranged a cal legal AR?? but they did.. B2B

·
Registered
115 Posts
I suppose........now that this California legal rifle has been instituted we will begin to see other states following suit.
I'm beginning to think a high school civics class could run our country and display more wisdom than this.
They still don't get it......"Criminals don't care about the laws" and all these laws do is create more hassle and expense for the rest of us.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Lemme guess...a rifle outfitted with such a mag release would take about 20 minutes to convert back to a "normal" release? It really makes you wonder why they bother when only the law-abiding folks will take the rules seriously.
If it is removed like a traditional mag release then it would take all of about 2 minutes to remove that one and installed a standard model.

·
Banned
4,916 Posts
The CA compliant mag release is a special type of device called a "Bullet Button." It fits in place of the normal magazine release button but you need a tool, in this case a bullet point will do so hence the name, to push in on the button and release the mag.
The "Bullet Button" was mandated to increase the time a violent criminal using an AR-type rifle in a violent crime would need to change-out his evil "high-capacity" magazine before he could "spray from the hip" (Feinswine's words) more bullets into his innocent victims. The belief of the government in Kalifonia was that the BB would require several seconds more time to replace an empty magazine than is required to simply push the mag-release button, the mag drops out and a full one is inserted. The idea is that the extra time would allow on-scene law enforcement to act while the rifle is out of ammo and the perp is struggling to reload.

But as has been said, a criminal who really wants to replace the BB with the issue release can do it in just a few minutes. This kind of guy would have to know how to do it, which means the use of the weapon with the replaced mag release was premeditated. He'd be charged with that replacement if he survived the attack, as did the worthless smear of canine excrement who murdered those twelve innocent people in Aurora, Colorado. I'd doubt our possible Kalifonia perp would care about the added charges, if he even cares about the murders he committed with an AR-type rifle. The worthless bi-pedal mammals who commit these crimes care about no one but themselves...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts