Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need to make sure that it is the .432 that provides the best performance in the .444 rifles, AND whether my 444SS would have any quarrels with the bullets before I buy a couple hundred.  

·
Registered
935 Posts
Good evening,
I'm not sure which Bill you are talking about but I'll take a stab at it.  Marshall has been advocating .432 bullets in both the Marlin Outfitters and the SS for some time now.  All I have shot so far (good accuracy) has been with .432 bullets.  

With the porting of the Outfitter, bullet weight and recoil has not been an issue.  Assuming your SS is not ported, Marshall reports that the 280 & 290 gr bullets are a lot less abusive to the shooter than the 330gr.  

Hope this helps.

God bless.....................  Bill M

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill M,
No, you weren't the Bill (I was referring to Bill Lester) I was referring to, but nonetheless you helped.  Thank you very much.  My gun isn't the slightest bit abusive on my shoulder, using 240gr factory loads, so I don't think the 330gr bullets would be much worse (IhopeIhopeIhope)...

Thanx again, and God Bless

Ben

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
Ben,

You will do just fine with the .432" size. As Bill McConnel mentioned, Marshall has advocated this diameter for a long time. His 330-grain LFN should do equally well in your SS. Momma griz won't shake those off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts