Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody has had a hard time finding a Williams Reciever Sight such as the FP, 5D, or WGRS for a Levergun or other rifle don't worry.  I was at Williams Gunsight today (10 minutes from home) and I asked the clerk if the reason they were getting a little hard to find was because they have been discontinued (the selection on the retail floor left a lot to be desired).  He said that they had been producing them like crazy to keep up with recent demand.  He said a BIG shipment went out today for Midway-USA and the next shipment would go to Brownell's when it was ready.  They do not plan to discontinue anything.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anybody else has had the same trouble finding an FP sight like I had recently for a Big Bore '94.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Nice report!  I think it's great they can't keep up with demand!  For so many years the gun writers in this country have extolled the superiority of the scope for just about every purpose under the sun, from lever actions, to blackpowder to handguns and just about any other projectile shooting device.  It's great that folks are once again discovering the versatility, simplicity, precision and speed, not to mention durability, rugged reliability and compactness of the practical aperture sight.  

Hmmm...... kind of like a movie...... back to the future.......

Glad there's a demand for them!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dutch,
Good of you to check on such matters. Now if we could only get Williams to produce their sights in steel, instead of aluminum.
Drag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts