Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how and if it has eyepiece focus. It does not appear to have a focus lock ring. Seems funny not having the focus since it predesessor, the 8 does. Thanx

·
Banned
48 Posts
Yes it does have focus for the eyepiece. I have an instruction manual for my 8A. Here is the procedure according to B&L:

1) Grasp the Eyepiece Lock Ring (since I can't easily post the illustration, it's the coarsely knurled piece where it says "Balvar 8A" and "Bausch and Lomb") and loosen by turning the Eyepiece counter clockwise.
2) Turn the Eyepiece Lock Ring clockwise about 5 turns.
3) Look through the Scope at a bright background such as the sky or a well lighted wall.
4) Turn the Eyepiece out, counter clockwise, until the Reticle appears slightly blurred.
5) Turn the Eyepiece in, clockwise, until the Reticle comes into focus.
6) Look away from the Scope for a few seconds. Then look back quickly through the Scope again. If the Reticle appears sharp and clear the instant you place your eye to the Scope, the focus has been properly adjusted for your eyes. Try this several times.
7) If the Reticle appears fuzzy, or requires a little time to come into sharp focus, further adjustment is needed. Turn the Eyepiece clockwise another full turn and repeat step 6. Keep doing this until the Reticle is sharp the instant you put your eye to the scope.
8) When satisfied with your focus adjustment, lock the Eyepiece in place by turning the Lock Ring up tightly against it.

Hope this helps. Those may be old scopes, but they certainly are good scopes.

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts