Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local gunsmith who had been in business for 31 years died from an apparent AD in his shop.news report said that two guys came in with a shotgun to be repaired as Slick was inspecting the gun it discharged and struck him in the neck. He died instantly. I've known
Dave "Slick" Munden a few years and I never saw him handle a gun unsafely, I don't know
how it could happen but I guess we all make mistakes and Slick was no exception. God give
his family peace.

Sorry to throw a wet blanket on the day but sometime we all need a wake up call!

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,978 Posts
Yup - just can't be too careful with firearms.

Sorry to hear of the accident.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Sad news indeed.
H. M. Cline was killed while loading his muzzle loader.
Accidents do happen to the best of us, when it’s a respected friend it is harder to understand.

·
Banned
105 Posts
H. M. Cline was killed while loading his muzzle loader.
Accidents do happen to the best of us, when it’s a respected friend it is harder to understand.
If you don't mind me asking, how did the muzzle loading accident happen? We all learn through experience, and in this case if there is something to be learned from another's accident it might be worth while to share.
We all try and take care to be safe, and I'm sure he did as well so what happens to one could happen to another.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
The incident is discussed in his book: The Muzzle Loader Then and Now. This is a must read for any muzzle loading enthusiast.
Cline was shooting alone at his house when a shot rang out and he called for help. It is believed he capped his rifle to clear the nipple and then loaded it while capped.
It was a very unusual accident made stranger by the fact he was quite knowledgeable about muzzle loaders.

·
Registered
601 Posts
An AD killed a gunshop owner in Scranton Pa. last year. This guy had been around guns for over 50 years. Just a reminder; ALL GUNS ARE LOADED AT ALL TIMES!!!
I have been to way too many accidents where "unloaded" or "I thought the safety was on" killed someone.

Kudu40

·
Registered
573 Posts
where was Slick from? I just emailed a guy with the same name, real name that is. would have surprised me if he was a gunsmith but it would be a heck of a coincidense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts