Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have one Burris Ball Plex scope. It has a decent glass for the money and I have never had a Burris scope fail me. I am confused on their on-line literature though. http://www.burrisoptics.com/pdf/BALLPLEX.pdf

I was tracking ok on this site even up to the part where they talked about using a 158yd zero for a .308. But then it talks about magnification differences and how the charts are calibrated at 9x. I do most of my hunting at 3x. How much different will the impact be at 3x vs 9x for the 158 yd zero .308 example?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes But I should not have to crank the scope all the way up to nine should I? I rarely get above 6x in the field, but they don't make a 3x6 variable;-)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last months Successful Hunter magazine by Wolfe Publications had an excellent article on using these type of recticle. They provided a chart to show how to figure different ranges at different power settings. I will see if I can find the formula.
Yeah that would be great if you cant find a link. Nick has me all messed up. If the second mark down is -2" at 300 yds at 9x with a 150 gr .308. What does that same mark do at 6x or 3x? Why doesn't my Burris paperwork explain this better?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.