Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yes But I should not have to crank the scope all the way up to nine should I? I rarely get above 6x in the field, but they don't make a 3x6 variable;-)
No. but they make a 2-7X35, which I have on my woods gun. I haven't sighted it in yet, but I plan to set it at 7 power, sight in the gun to be right on at 300 yards with the 300 yard "tick", and then see where it hits with the 200 and 100 yard marks at those ranges. I expect that it will be slightly high, but less than the usual 1.5 or 2" high at 100 yards. I shoot through some pretty small openings sometimes, especially when shooting though branches near my treestand. I want the bullet path to be as close to line of sight as possible.

I expect I'll use the center cross hairs virtually all the time, and at power settings below 4 or 5; the only time I'd have an opportunity to shoot beyond 200 yards is if some deer were standing out in the field as I walk to my stands, and then I'd have time to set the scope to 7. I'm not going to take any running shots at deer that far out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.