Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone has a good starting load for the .30-06 with a 180 grain TTSX using IMR 4350; so I emailed Barnes Bullets, and customer service said that I could use load data for the uncoated X-bullet u know the old one, does anyone have any suggetions?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would suggest getting the latest Barnes manual . Those bullets are real fussy about seating depth ! I haven't had any luck loading Barnes bullets that will produce any accuracy .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the latest Barnes manual, and the TTSX seems to have seated just fine, but they don't have load data for IMR 4350 in the new manual, I was just asking for that particular powder n what would be a good starting and max load is. I emailed Barnes and they said that u can use data from the old non-coated X-bullet, just wondering If that would work out just fine.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If Barnes said its ok then it should be, if anything the coated bullet should develope a little less pressure. I shoot the 180's in a 300 Weatherby they like to be pushed hard with alot of jump, very accurate. In a 30-06 I would shoot the 150's or maybe even the 130's if I could get them to shoot well for the added velocity. Penetration with even the 130's would be more than enogh for just about anything. The only reason I don't shoot a lighter bullet in the Weatherby is because it just doesn't like light bullets.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
I have never loaded the Barnes 180 gr before. My 30-06 standard load is 56.5 gr of IMR4350 with the Sierra 150, 165 and 180 gr bullets. All shoot under an inch with this charge out of my Rem 700.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts