Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all, can anyone tell me if porting a barrel will mess with hardcast gc bullets. thinking of sending my cz 458 wm, to a smith to cut the chamber to fit a 500 gn hardcast. while he is at it, to cut the final length to 21 ".  or what is the chances of the porting, screwing things up. thanks halfbreed

·
Registered
306 Posts
Halfbreed, there was a post  just a while back (cant find it now that Iam looking for it) about gc cast bullets and porting. My gunsmith has my 1895ss 45/70 in for porting (making a modified guide gun with AO sights) Shoundent be any prob. with gc cast bullets, and ifin shooting without gc's you will get some leading on the outside of the ports. Used to put a little break free on the ports of my 10in 44 mag and this let me rub the lead right off, did the same thing with my Taurus 44 mag on their porting. Hope this helps a little.

Gun Runner

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gun runner, thanks for the quick reply. i too saw that post somewhere, just could not find it today. that is what i thought i remembered. about the porting. i enjoy my cz, however it is not shooting cast as well as i would like. also looking for a good smith. right now i am waiting for marshall to send a batch of .461 dia. 450 cast bullets. if these fly straight ( no tumbling ), then i will get into casting for sure. otherwise i will have to stay with jacketed. darn it!

however i am getting a good list of equipment figured up for an order.

thanks again, halfbreed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts