Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems now that any 9mm reloading bullets have become just as scarce as primers. I luckily loaded up on primers and cases but am running low on bullets. If anyone knows of any sites or has any Info on where I can purchase some please help. I am already anticipating the smart remarks and responses about how dumb this sounds! 😂😂🥴

Thanks In advance

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
9,138 Posts
Barry's by name, no. But 9mm bullets(including plated) aren't hard to find.
SPS had some a week ago. Currently in-stock at RMR and Everglades ammo.

Cheers

Reactions: GhostWarriorX13

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barry's by name, no. But 9mm bullets(including plated) aren't hard to find.
SPS had some a week ago. Currently in-stock at RMR and Everglades ammo.

Cheers
I know it’s not the time to be picky but I am specifically looking for Barry’s brand. Thanks for the info I may have to let go of my fear of resetting my seating die and get another brand. 😂

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
9,138 Posts
As a reloader, you should never get locked into "brands" with no alternative; unless you don't mind not shooting often. 😉

Reactions: shooter444

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a reloader, you should never get locked into "brands" with no alternative; unless you don't mind not shooting often. 😉
Yes I agree. I’ve used many “brands” I’m just partial to barrys. And of course I mind 😂 but I don’t think anyone “wants” to shoot any of their ammo lately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve got another funny question since it seems like your a well established member and I am new to this forum, which by the way has been incredibly helpful. How in the world do you add the quotes to the bottom of your response kind of like a “signature” in the email world 🤔

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
9,138 Posts
And of course I mind 😂 but I don’t think anyone “wants” to shoot any of their ammo lately.
🤔 You should always want to go shooting, I slipped away today for a bit in fact.

How in the world do you add the quotes to the bottom of your response kind of like a “signature” in the email world 🤔
It's called a signature in the forum world also. 😉
It's in your account settings, or, Read the FAQ.

Cheers

Reactions: shooter444

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
🤔 You should always want to go shooting, I slipped away today for a bit in fact.

Cheers

Cheers

Thank you very much. And of course I always want to go shooting but ammo and reloading supplies have gotten so expensive it’s almost impossible to shoot as much as I want to.

I still put a decent amount of time in shooting luckily I can shoot at home in my yard.😎
Also I don’t know if you have ever heard of the STRIKEMAN system? It really is quite awesome, it is a laser system that allows you to record your accuracy and get some dry fire practice in.

·
Registered
874 Posts
After this shortage you might want to look into a Lee double cavity bullet mould , either #TL356-124-TC or
#TL356-124-2R , load them as cast and lube them by rolling around in Lee Liquid Alox ... called tumble lubing .
The TL indicates the bullet is made for tumble lube and needs no sizing .
The next shortage will be in 4 years . Even if you stock up and have a supply ... one stroke of Uncle Joe's pen can outlaw ammunition sales in any state ... a mould would be nice to have just in case !
I've been casting for every gun I own since 1967 ... I never experience any ammo shortages and keep well stocked on powders and primers .
Look for another ammo shortage in 4 years ...
Gary

·
Banned
531 Posts
I believe,.... even good ole' Joe can't dictate a state's law on anything.
Unless the state legislates it as so. Or, SCOTUS delivers a judgement expanding on the actions of the executive branch, concerning its powers, specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

But, then again,... since their successful coup, anything can happen, and probably will... so, you may be right!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After this shortage you might want to look into a Lee double cavity bullet mould , either #TL356-124-TC or
#TL356-124-2R , load them as cast and lube them by rolling around in Lee Liquid Alox ... called tumble lubing .
The TL indicates the bullet is made for tumble lube and needs no sizing .
The next shortage will be in 4 years . Even if you stock up and have a supply ... one stroke of Uncle Joe's pen can outlaw ammunition sales in any state ... a mould would be nice to have just in case !
I've been casting for every gun I own since 1967 ... I never experience any ammo shortages and keep well stocked on powders and primers .
Look for another ammo shortage in 4 years ...
Gary
Thank you that is great advice I will definitely look into that 🤙

Reactions: gwpercle

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,030 Posts
Keep the politics out of the posts or the thread will be shut down. A friendly reminder for the entire board.

Reactions: Darkker
1 - 15 of 15 Posts