Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems now that any 9mm reloading bullets have become just as scarce as primers. I luckily loaded up on primers and cases but am running low on bullets. If anyone knows of any sites or has any Info on where I can purchase some please help. I am already anticipating the smart remarks and responses about how dumb this sounds! 😂😂🥴

Thanks In advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barry's by name, no. But 9mm bullets(including plated) aren't hard to find.
SPS had some a week ago. Currently in-stock at RMR and Everglades ammo.

Cheers
I know it’s not the time to be picky but I am specifically looking for Barry’s brand. Thanks for the info I may have to let go of my fear of resetting my seating die and get another brand. 😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a reloader, you should never get locked into "brands" with no alternative; unless you don't mind not shooting often. 😉
Yes I agree. I’ve used many “brands” I’m just partial to barrys. And of course I mind 😂 but I don’t think anyone “wants” to shoot any of their ammo lately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a reloader, you should never get locked into "brands" with no alternative; unless you don't mind not shooting often. 😉
I’ve got another funny question since it seems like your a well established member and I am new to this forum, which by the way has been incredibly helpful. How in the world do you add the quotes to the bottom of your response kind of like a “signature” in the email world 🤔

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
🤔 You should always want to go shooting, I slipped away today for a bit in fact.

It's called a signature in the forum world also. 😉
It's in your account settings, or, Read the FAQ.

Cheers
🤔 You should always want to go shooting, I slipped away today for a bit in fact.

It's called a signature in the forum world also. 😉
It's in your account settings, or, Read the FAQ.

Cheers

Thank you very much. And of course I always want to go shooting but ammo and reloading supplies have gotten so expensive it’s almost impossible to shoot as much as I want to.

I still put a decent amount of time in shooting luckily I can shoot at home in my yard.😎
Also I don’t know if you have ever heard of the STRIKEMAN system? It really is quite awesome, it is a laser system that allows you to record your accuracy and get some dry fire practice in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After this shortage you might want to look into a Lee double cavity bullet mould , either #TL356-124-TC or
#TL356-124-2R , load them as cast and lube them by rolling around in Lee Liquid Alox ... called tumble lubing .
The TL indicates the bullet is made for tumble lube and needs no sizing .
The next shortage will be in 4 years . Even if you stock up and have a supply ... one stroke of Uncle Joe's pen can outlaw ammunition sales in any state ... a mould would be nice to have just in case !
I've been casting for every gun I own since 1967 ... I never experience any ammo shortages and keep well stocked on powders and primers .
Look for another ammo shortage in 4 years ...
Gary
Thank you that is great advice I will definitely look into that 🤙

Reactions: gwpercle
1 - 6 of 6 Posts