Shooters Forum banner

Beemans pistol need repair suggestion

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Duke1953 
#1 ·
Hi.
Many years ago before we had electricity (ok, 1977 to be exact) I bought a Beemans #1 barrel cocking air pistol. It was (rumored) at that time an Olympic quality pistol. I believe it is a rebranded Daina.

Now, into retirement, I want to shoot it. Sadly due to being a safe queen for years, the seals are gone. I believe they are leather.

1) Does anyone know of a way to rejuvenate old leather seals? If that is a no,
2) Does anyone know a trustworthy shop that could repair, better if they use sinthetic seals?

Thank you in advance!

#4 ·
If the seals are cracked new ones may be in order, but if they aren't then a boot oil/grease with beeswax in it may bring them back to life. Montana Pitch Blend, Bailey's Mink Oil, Obenauf's Boot Oil/Grease, Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator are all good products. The "greases" may "fill in" the cracks and make the seals serviceable again. The grease should "melt" at "skin temperature".

Petroleum products are a no no for leather and gun oil(s) are mostly petroleum based. A silicone or mineral based oil is your best bet. I can't comment on the new synthetic oils.

Hope you get the olde girl up and running again.

RJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.