Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchachased a benelli r-1 300 win. mag . my question is, I have a trigger pull of almost 8 lbs and nobody seems to be able to help lower the trigger pull to a exceptable 3-4 lbs, is it feasible? is there aftermarket triggers out there? why Benelli would put a shotgun trigger on a $1000 gun and not have it adjustable is beyond me, total unexceptable for a large caliber. any suggestions out there??

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Welcome to the club. Only after buying one did I learn about all the stupid issues with this firearm. One local chain gun store literally sold them out at bargin prices to get rid of there inventory (about $500 new). I bought a 30-06 used several years ago and was disappointed with the accuracy. Also had trouble finding plug screws for the receiver holes not used by scope mounts. Contacted the distributor about both issues. Was informed that it was made to acceptable European accuracy standards (2" @ 100 meters). They couldn't help finding a source for the plug screws. That's when I blew up and told them how stupid they were selling a high dollar firearm using little plastic fillers instead of screws. Went on to tell them there support was pathetic considering they didn't know of a source for plug screws since they were the importers and distributors. Also didn't think much of the tech support when the blueprints didn't list the thread size for the plug screws! I won a Benelli Super Black Eagle II shotgun last year. Needless to say it was promptly traded for another firearm that in my experience and judgement will be more up to my standards.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
thats crazy! every trigger can be cleaned up and improved its just a matter of in this instance its an uncommon weapon. it is simply a matter of stoning and "adjusting" the engagment of the hammer and sear. my M1 Super 90 has a trigger that is incredible for a shotgun in my opinion... go figure!

hailstone, i'm pretty sure that those rifles that were on closout were the winchester auto's. i saw them in the scheels in bismarck, fargo, & iowa city for $500 this past fall...

·
Registered
620 Posts
I remeber those plastic fillers...... Makes me laugh! I liked my R-1 in .300 WM. I cannot remeber what my 100 yard groups were, but my 550 yard groups were 10".... so yeah about 2 MOA with some of my hand loads. I was always flustered about obtaining another magazine which I never did before I sold the gun.

I really like they look, feel and softness of the shooting of that rifle, but for what it was, I think they are a little on the pricey side. If they were cheaper I would buy another, but last I looked they were running around $1,200, and mine was wood which I loved.

I think it a great hunting rifle, but not a great target rifle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a wood/blue 30-06 carbine that is my favorite gun to carry in the woods. These guns have some of the nicest lines you will see. I hunt with it, not target shoot. It is plenty accurate for a hunting rifle, and is very soft to shoot which makes it more attractive to hunt with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts