Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, Yesterday at church, I was shown a Benjamin Franklin model # 317, air rifle. full length outer brass sleeve, maybe not sleeved, full length brass air compression chamber. this elder did not know much about it. other than he has owned it for a very long time. can anyone tell me where I can find some information on this air rifle. I have tried a google search, and kept coming up empty.
Has another company bought out benjamin Franklin, it looks an awful lot like a sheridan blue streak. I sure would like to be able to tell this gentleman something about this air rifle.
any help you guys could give on this sure would help me put a smile on this mans face.
thanks john,

· Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KciH, man that was fast. the rifle says on the side Benjamin franklin, USA model #317.
I tried a google search, actually several. All I kept coming up with was another air rifle sight, and nothing about Benjamin Franklin air rifles.

· Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KciH, thanks a bunch, you the man. The serial #'ers show that this pellet rifle was made in 1966. Now I will see if I can find an approximate $ value. But I am very certain he has no intentions of ever selling!

· Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ribbonstone, thanks for the info. I dont know if this gentleman would be interested in having this one rebuilt or what his actual intentions are. I could see where it could use some work. But then I gathered it was more a piece of sentimental value, than anything else.

· Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike G, thanks for the notice, I doubt i holler, as I think this pellet gun is mostly sentimental value.
Ribbonstone, did you happen to notice the price tags on those benjamin franklin air rifles?

· Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ribbonstone, Thanks, I beleive this gentleman will be quite pleased to hear this. However, Like I said before I doubt he will ever sell. there is more to the story than he has told me so far.But you can certainly tell the sentinental worth is there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.