Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else own one of these? I really do like mine. Shoots great, low recoil and feels good in the hand. Being a lefty the ambidextrous controls are a plus for me. I love how the brass gets ejected forward and out to the side no matter what side it is set up for.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I've shot a couple. They're nice for what they are. I think the name should be changed to "The Beretta Barracuda" because the rifle looks like it should be swimming underwater! They're fun to shoot with a silencer and they're nice and light. I wasn't a big fan of the factory iron sights though. Everything other than the iron sights was great though. I really like the ambidextrous stuff as well as the 2 ejectors and extractors incase one breaks you can just switch what side it ejects from.

The barrel change is cool too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree it does look kinda "fishy". I don't have a can for it yet, never looked into it. What would you recommend for a can for it? Yes the irons are high but right now I am dealing with it. I do see some low profile Troys or Magpuls in the future.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I agree it does look kinda "fishy". I don't have a can for it yet, never looked into it. What would you recommend for a can for it? Yes the irons are high but right now I am dealing with it. I do see some low profile Troys or Magpuls in the future.
The sight height didn't bother me. It's the sights themselves. They seemed cheap and really ineffective. Easy replacement though. The LWRC Skirmish sights are nice for BUIS's.

As for cans... you can go a lot of ways. I personally won't buy a 5.56 can, I buy small-medium .30 cal cans and use them on everything 5.56 up to 7.62mm. This is probably my favorite. It's Rated up to .300 win mag, for use on machineguns, has no minimum barrel length restrictions, has the best quick attach/detach mount in the industry, and has a lifetime warranty. It's small for a .30 caliber can but is right between a full size and a compact 5.56 suppressor and offers sound suppression on the same level as the full size 5.56 in most cases. Hearing safe on 308 win size cartridges. Not bad with a .30-06. It's also very accurate not hindering accuracy one bit. It may actually improve group sizes.

https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle/dead-air-sandman-s.html

But you can pretty much buy from any big brand name and be happy. Thunderbeast arms, DeadAir Armament, Griffin Armament, Rugged, silencerco, AAC, Surefire, KAC, Gemtech, Liberty, etc...

My personal favorites are DeadAir, Rugged, Griffin, and Thunderbeast. Surefire left a bad taste in my mouth but lots of folks like them. They're expensive because they were in use with SOCOM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else own one of these? I really do like mine. Shoots great, low recoil and feels good in the hand. Being a lefty the ambidextrous controls are a plus for me. I love how the brass gets ejected forward and out to the side no matter what side it is set up for.
Hey I don’t own one of these but I’m very interested in the ambi ejection system, could you perhaps send me send me a video or some pictures with an explanation on how it works. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts