Shooters Forum banner

Beretta Model 1934

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tnekkc 
#1 ·
So I’ve looked around and I see model 1934s selling for over 600.00 in what I would say was average condition. Nowhere do I see one for sale in unfired, with the box condition like mine. I’m not sure of the vintage, but it says 1967 on the side near the model number, I guess that might be a “Captain Obvious” indicator, but I don’t know. So my question is, how much does “unfired, NIB” add to the value? The gun is a pristine gem, but the box is a bit ratty. I’m selling off a few guns and I want to get a fair price.

#3 ·
Like I said in my post, I have checked around. Gunbroker is my “go to” place for pricing, but I see nothing in the way of new and unfired. That’s why I’m asking here.

#6 ·
Start high and drop the price if it doesn't sell. There are collectors of some things that only want new, in the box, all tags papers targets warrantees and propaganda in place and untouched. Others wont pay extra for what isn't guns.
An extreme case is collectors of un-opened boxes of rare guns. I know of several still sealed Winchesters from the '30s that have sold for BIG money without ever being seen.

Reactions: unclepaddy
#7 ·
My uncle took a 1934 Beretta from an Italian officer prisoner of war in WWII. When my uncle moved to Canada in 1970, he left the gun with my father. So for a few years when my uncle was in Canada, I had one. So many years later, my brother and I would buy any 1934 we saw at a gunshow.
My records show we were paying $150 in 2001, so appreciating a 3% compounded annually would be $271 now.
My experiments with handloads have cast 380s into 3 classes. Ironically the Beretta 1934 with blowback action is in the highest group, while Kel-Tec P3AT and Ruger LCP locked breech pistols are in the lowest category.

The American Rifleman July 1985 has a good article about 1934s "Beretta Sires of the Line" by Pete Dickey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.