Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a handgun to keep in my truck and have narrowed things down to either the Beretta Px4 Storm Type F or the Ruger P345. Does anyone have any insights to share regarding these two?

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
320 Posts
Both Ruger & Beretta make fine handguns. Which one feels best for your hand and/or shooting style? Are you looking for something that you can conceal easily outside your pickup truck? Since the Ruger you've picked is in 45 cal, will the Beretta also be in 45 acp? I have 3 conceal carry handguns that I switch off in carrying. Two of those 3 are Berettas. I picked these 3 because for me, they are guns which I feel most proficient with. The 45 acp (Beretta Cougar)is a favorite because of it's sheer stopping power and overall size for concealment. Plus, I can hit my target & that's all I need.
Bottomline is, choose what you feel is right for you & your wallet. Try shooting them both and see which one shoots best for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I owned a ruger 345 for a few years and they just plain work. They will feed any ammo you can throw at them and are very accurate. This was my house protection gun for a while and I own alot of other expensive firearms. I trust those guns and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

·
Registered
968 Posts
You live in TX, a stone throw away from Ruger, itself in an embattled border state.

Never used it, but, Ruger is said to be one of the best for warranty service. Something to think about for a truck gun that might see rough service. Plus, it is American made by an American company.

That being said, I own a small Beretta made in the USA and I own a few Rugers, though none in the models you asked about.

For a truck gun in TX where the temperature is going to be 140-180+ degrees with the windows closed during the summer, I would probably lean towards an all steel/alloy semi-auto with checkered aluminum/metal grips or a revolver. fwiw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts