Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a u22 that i use at pin shoots. i am wanting to put a slide tab on it. im calling in a slide tab but its a tab bolted to the slide to action the slide and clear a jam. thinking a peice of alum. about 3/8 wide and roughly 1in by 1in angle somthing to pull with 1 finger . my ? is am i gona have to lighin the slide after the piece is bolted on or is the weight not that critical. it is a 22cal so not sure how much weight it can blow back any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a u22 that i use at pin shoots. i am wanting to put a slide tab on it. im calling in a slide tab but its a tab bolted to the slide to action the slide and clear a jam. thinking a peice of alum. about 3/8 wide and roughly 1in by 1in angle somthing to pull with 1 finger . my ? is am i gona have to lighin the slide after the piece is bolted on or is the weight not that critical. it is a 22cal so not sure how much weight it can blow back any info would be great thanks
If I were you I would NOT attempt to customize your pistol. If you want to release a jam just pullback on the slide. I think that bolting anything heavier to your slide is just going to cause more jams due to the heavier wieght. However, if your a stubborn person like me and have already made your mind up then I highly recommend that you DO NOT lighten the slide or take any metal off of the slide, I recommend you get a lighter less stiff spring. DO NOT cut the spring you currently have to make it shorter. but if a custimization is in place then get a lighter spring. With this said, I am not responsible for the actions occured, I do not think customizing a perfectly good pistol is a good idea. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts