Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Very good price, if its not shot to death. Twenty five years with this sidearm in both civilian and military forms, and have yet to have a malfunction that wasn't traced to bad ammunition. Those have been very infrequent as well, I can only think of one with a lot of 50 in the civilian guns, and one single instance with military fare.

So, by my count, it depends on the reloads. It'll shoot, can be a pain to carry concealed, though.

·
I'am just here
869 Posts
Good pistol, with lots of trigger creep, and fixed sights.

My beretta 92f is 22 years old, I bought it in January of 1989. Back when my buddies and I were reloading, we would go to a sand pit and shoot 1,000 - 1,500 rounds of 9mm in a single day.

Out of thousands of round fired though that pistol, I can only remember a handful, maybe 5 - 10 failures at the most.

The double stack magazine causes the grip to be a little wide, as compared to something like the 1911.

Over the past 22 years the dots on the sights have faded to where they are barely visible. I might have to get some paint, or finger nail polish to give the sights a touchup.

I have nothing to complain about with the quality of the Beretta 92f.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,428 Posts
Good price, and a very reliable firearm.

I'd buy it.

I have the 92FS, and also a 92 VERTEC, which essentially is the M9A1, with a straight grip like a 1911

92FS

M9A1

VERTEC

Notice the grip difference of the above 92FS/M9 series, and the Vertec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts