winchester model 70 7mmmag
taurus model 94 22lr 4 inch barrel
shot great with cci ammo but cylinder jam with cheaper ammo
worst amt 380 auto
rossi interarms 38spcl

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
My best guns are my Ruger GP100s, although I don't recall any bad guns I've owned. There are some I don't like as much, but they aren't bad.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Best is hard to pick out, but if I was forced to pick one, I'd say my 50th Anniversary S&W 27-3. Flawless bluing, and the sweetest trigger I ever wrapped my finger around.

Worst is a tie. A Hawes Western Marshall .22 or that POS Taurus Tracker in .17HMR. I cut the Hawes up and scrapped it, and sold the Taurus to somebody I didn't like.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I can't say what the worst gun I ever owned was because I never owned a bad gun. I was advised when I was young not to buy cheap guns. Work harder, work longer, and buy quality. Good advice. I see young fellows at the range often plaguing themselves with newer guns I wouldn't own if they were given to me. My best guns are the old Sakos.

·
Registered
274 Posts
best- Baretta 92 even if it is only a 9mm
worst- Springfield milspec. 1911 long since gone
favorite- charter bull pug .44 spcl.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
best.. i ain t about to pick anything over my s an w 60.. but some day im gonna own me a buckmark camper..never felt or shot a handgun that i thought was made better in semi auto..well my 225 sig was sure something i hated to let go.:(
worst is easy.. never owned as sorry a gun as phoenix semi auto 22.slim

·
Registered
68 Posts
My favorite Hand gun S & W 460 Comp. Hunter I pretty much lost intrest in shooting hand guns untill I shot this one.
My least favorite hand gun S & W SW9VE 9MM its not a bad gun I guess I just do not care for it
My Favorite Rifle Springfield Socom 16 It 's a riot to shoot
My least favorite Rifle 223 Kel Tec SU16 to me it just feels cheep

·
Registered
858 Posts
The best is a hard call....I have a very nice customized and engraved M1911A1 that is a great shooter. It probably is my favorite. The worst is easy. I had a stainless 1911 compact clone made by AMT (Skipper) in .40 S&W. This became a local obsession. I invested hundreds of hours into it trying to make it reliable without success. Every part except for the frame and slide were changed, exchanged, and modified in a vain attempt to get it to function properly. We finally got it to cycle with factory round nose ball and I traded it off for an XD subcompact that is clunky but reliable.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I can't say what the worst gun I ever owned was because I never owned a bad gun. I was advised when I was young not to buy cheap guns. Work harder, work longer, and buy quality. Good advice. I see young fellows at the range often plaguing themselves with newer guns I wouldn't own if they were given to me. My best guns are the old Sakos.
+1

For that reason I tend toward the older smith and wessons with 66's, 27's and 28's being favorites. I would rather buy one gun that I can really fall in love with than 20 that I just don't care that much for and would end up taking up closet space. If I can buy one good one, then I will keep it forever and that's that.

As an old saying goes, "I'm to poor not to buy the very best".

·
Registered
531 Posts
Best revolvers I would say is a three way tie between a second generation nickel Colt SAA in 44 Special with a 7-1/2" barrel, and a S&W Model 65 4", and a 'Bison' western styled 22 I bought at a Western Auto in Blacksburg Virginia in the fall of 1966 for $27. That 65 was my all time most accurate centerfire handgun. The Bison would hang with the Woodsman accuracy wise for the first 25 years.
Semi Auto, no contest, a SIG P230. Only auto I ever owned, out of about 45 or so, that digested everything I fed it. Close seconds; a High Standard Sharpshooter and a Colt Woodsman.
After reading some of the horror stories I don't think I owned anything that would deserve a "worst" rating. Had a couple of issues out of the box, but the manufacturer fixed them.

·
Registered
602 Posts
best.. i ain t about to pick anything over my s an w 60.. but some day im gonna own me a buckmark camper..never felt or shot a handgun that i thought was made better in semi auto..well my 225 sig was sure something i hated to let go.:(
worst is easy.. never owned as sorry a gun as phoenix semi auto 22.slim
I would have to say my worst guns were both poor examples of guns generally known for their quality. One was a buckmark camper and the other a ruger 10/22. Both jammed frequently. Both were sold.

Couldn't pick a best gun out of the rest. If they work as intended, they are all great!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Best handgun-Colt Anaconda 44mag (I just cant seem to miss with it, very smooth)
Worst handgun-Dan Wesson 44mag (gun was a total dog in every respect, not a reflection on Dan Wesson this one was just junk)
Best rifle-Winchester Coyote 25wssm (unbelievably accurate, fantastic varmint gun)
Worst rifle-Ruger Mini 14 (early model, very inaccurate, unreliable, jamomatic, a Reminington 7400 in 30-06 was just about as bad).

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Best: A Remington 721 with a factory semi-bull barrel. Originally in .300 H&H, but bored to a .300 ICL and trued up at the old Saturn shop in Reno. Shoots a cloverleaf with 180 grain Noslers at 100 yards. Has killed a BUNCH of elk and ruined a couple of small deer.

Worst: A Berretta .22 MINX. Jammed at least every third shot, and sometimes you had to hit the .22 shorts that it ate 3 times with the hammer before they would fire. It did, however, save me from a dog attack once.

I have to mention the second-worst: A Remington 870 Express. Fails to feed and to eject properly on a regular basis. In fact, I own 2 and they both are about the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
to many good ones to pick, but

the worst was a DAn Wesson .357. I had the interchangable barrels. I had the 8" barrel and could not get on the paper with it. Couldn't figure it out and then when the glow of a new gun wore off I checked it a bit more carefully and the front site was all the way on the left of the land. AS well, after about three cylinders I had a swaged pin (could have been a half moon shaped...been a long time:rolleyes:) fall out of the frame. Back to the gun shop for atrade in on a nice sweet S&W 25-5 in 45 LC. What a great gun. Hey, maybe my favorite!

·
Banned
507 Posts
The best pistol I have owned is a SIG P 220, the Worse was a S&W Model 10 that was built out of pieces.

The most accurate is a Kimber SS Target II, the factory and I tuned it up.

Jerry

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
just curious ..did you by any chance use one cylinder in a gun that came with another..im just curios as ive wondered if a revolver would even function that way.... although mabe very inaccurrate.. thanks slim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts