Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
This site has a detailed, and interesting, discussion of the astronomy of the birth, and death, of Jesus. Like everything, more detail could be gone into. It gives plausible dates.

http://www.bethlehemstar.net/
My wife and I have watched the video numerous times. It is pretty plausible, and going from info from the Bible to what we know from astronomy, the most likely theory in my mind. The Website is more indepth than the video, but the video is still worth it and well done. He is not the first to postulate the theory that the King planet(Jupiter) crowned the King Star(Regulus) in a triple conjunction though, at the time of Christ's birth. From what I understand and read, this has been bantered about since at least the 70's and 80's. The crucifixion date of April 3, 33 AD and what the stars/moon did on that day, blows you away.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info/source!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey Swampman...good to see you here. The cool thing about this info is that it uses the Bible as real evidence for the Star. Think about it..... Herod had to inquire about the Star from the Magi. He didn't know what was going on. Anything dramatic, the whole of Jerusalem would have known about it. A Comet, Pillar of fire or any such thing would have been well known as the sky would have been very clear with no real lights, and folks slept on their roofs to get out of the heat and chaos. The info presented does make alot of sense...what Jupiture/Regulus/Venus did during those months is astonishing. In addition to the rare triple conjunction of Regulus(King Star) by Jupiter(King Planet).....Venus(Mother Planet) and Jupiter(King Planet) came into alignment, creating the brightest star that had ever been seen. Jupiter also goes into retrograde or "Stops" in the sky above Bethlehem, as it's viewed from Jeruslem on Dec. 25th. This of course is months after Jesus Birth, but lines up with the Magi visiting Jesus as a wee spud on that date. The evidence for the crucifixion is very convincing as well....a must see/read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts