Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buying a new gun. My intensive purposes are to keep it in the house for protection, range, and rarely carrying when in the rough parts of town. Its between these two guns ONLY.
Which one should i get?

Springfield Armory XD 45

OR GLOCK MODEL 30

??????????????????????????

tell me why

·
Inactive for over a decade
6,248 Posts
They are the same, both are polymer framed striker fired guns. The 30 is a compact and the XD is a full size.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,428 Posts
They are the same, both are polymer framed striker fired guns. The 30 is a compact and the XD is a full size.
The only edge, if you even want to call it that, is that the XD has a grip safety. Other than that, as Matt stated, they are quite the same short of the size.

I own several Glocks, and an XD in 9mm. All are good dependable guns.

If you can rent either at a local range, shoot them both. See which feels better to you.

·
Inactive
1,626 Posts
Gotta Vote.....

GLOCK. For your purposes leave stock except for a 3.5# connector,night sights(check out the Tru-Glo TFO's), and a very well done $.25 trigger job. Spare mag or two,practice,practice,practice....your good to go. -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Just remember that Glocks can not shoot lead bullets. So if you plan on shooting any cast lead bullets, skip any Glock.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,233 Posts
I have never owned or shot and XD but I have owned several Glocks and still own two, a mod 19 and 26. I like them both and would trust my life on them. I replaced the barrel in my 19 for $100 so I could shoot lead bullets. I have heard good things about the XD though.

·
Banned
502 Posts
If you get the Glock get a Butt Plug for it. I like the Glock for carry weight, but that is the only plastic pistol I have at the moment.

Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.