Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i am new so i hope im posting in the correct place. i am as of today the proud new owner of a bfr 500s&w with a 10" barrel. I love the gun, but am having issues coming up with a carry solution. I am left handed and looking for a left handed holster for this hand cannon. I would prefer a low carry leather hip holster system but at this point i will take what i can get. I am open to custom made stuff or whatever. any input would be greatly appreciated!! (it has open sights for now) thanks everyone!!

·
Banned
9 Posts
wow, quite a weapon! is this for hunting large game? if protection from the human variety is your goal, this unit is EXTREME overkill. by the time you were able to pull 10'' from a holster, it might be too late.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello thanks for your genuine concern for your fellow man however this particular weapon is designated for a elk/moose hunt coming up in 2010. it will also be participating in a black russian wild hog hunt in february. still looking for some carry suggestions. thanks all!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I guess you gotta hire a bearer.

:)

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have a T/C Encore Pistol and some other long-ish revolvers and the only way to carry them is with a chest rig or bandoleer holster. A large, heavy firearm like that, you are going to want in the center of your body, close to your center of mass. If it is off to one side, you will fatigue a lot easier and I guarantee that your hips, knees and back won;t be happy about it either.

The ones I have are Uncle Mikes, not because they are cheap but a ready solution; and they were cheap.

I think they actually make a sling for the BFR too?

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
try Cabelas.com and cheaperthandirt.com. they both have a lot of holsters to choose from. Cheaper than dirt dot com has a holster search engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts