Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a BB 375 with the serial number of BB 016725. I went to oldguns.net, but with the way they have it set up it leaves off the BB and says the rifle was manufactured in 1894. :^)

Anywhere else I can find this info? Thanks, Brett

·
Registered
107 Posts
Henry, the way the books list the Big Bores doesn't tell you too much but I can offer this; WRA made them for about 2 years, from sometime in 1979 to mid 1981.  Then USRAC took over.  The Winchester made guns will have a straight stock (traditional style M94 buttstock) the USRAC guns have a cheek-piece.  My BB94 in .375 Win has a serial number higher than yours and mine was made by WRA, so I think it is safe to assume yours was made in 1979, perhaps early 1980, which is about as close as you can get when dating firearms anyway.  Odessa

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Odessa!

My dad's BB has the straight stock as you described. He remembers buying it about that time but he only had it narrowed down to a 5 year period. 79-80 sounds on the money.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Odessa!

My dad's BB has the straight stock as you described. He remembers buying it about that time but he only had it narrowed down to a 5 year period. 79-80 sounds on the money.

·
Registered
250 Posts
the USRAC guns have a cheek-piece.
No, they became an available option in 1983, USRAC was formed on July 1, 1981. The BB 94 was available in 1978.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts