Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought you fellow whitetail nuts would like to see a picture of this 4x6.
This was about as big as they get where we hunt. He's got lotsa mass, even as a main frame 8 pt
My quess is about 6-7 years old since we saw him last year as well.
My thanks to Steve Raulerson for letting this beauty live another year.
The kicker on the right g-2 is very common on the bucks we see, so maybe he'll pass along more of these traits to the next generation. Always good to see these good bucks make it through the winter.
Good Luck, I hope these pics come through

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
tpv,
That is a big buck anywhere you hunt. It's nice to see one that size anywhere. Hope you see his older brother next year.

Phil

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I thnk that old boy has bred every doe in the area. i don't think I would have passed him after taking a good look at him. He's as big as he's ever going to get.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've had a ten point rule on our lease for the past 15 years. Even though that's a main frame 8, you can clearly see the other 2 kickers which count.
When I hear that an 8 point will always be an 8 pt, I disagree. When they pass that 5 year birthday, they get trash points most of the time. The idea of that rule was to get some age on these bucks. The hunter knew he was a 10, but opted to pass on it. We have a long season, and this deer was real regular at the feeder. I sat there once and saw him too, but this hunter goes out of his way to feed all year and I certainly couldn't shoot that buck out of his hunting area.
Seems like these bucks can show up anywhere as long as they have good habitat and have the age factor too.
This was one of the prettiest bucks I've ever seen, so his new name is Rembrant. If he gets shot next year, I want to post the picture on this thread just to see the difference because this is an old buck.
Anyway, glad you liked the pictures, I sure did!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,098 Posts
Awe he's just a babe :D :D :D

I may have to go visit my deer head at the taxidermist. You're making me wish it was still deer season!!!!

Gotta get a better camera before next year......

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
That's a nice deer tpv. Has a body to match his rack. Good luck next year, and thx for the pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts