Shooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one was run over on a county road near Aspermont in West Texas.
Pretty big cat for this area.
He didn't need to worry about bullet performance

Attachments

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,914 Posts
Think they have some of those on the Leoncita, Tom?

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They probably do. But that one is a big boy!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
That is the biggest Mountain Lion I have ever seen. Unfortunately, it is illegal to kill Mountain Lions here in Kalifornia so the Big Horn Sheep are being wiped out along with the deer populaton. What a great State we have become.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,914 Posts
At least they help keep the jogging population in check! :p:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes a few unlucky souls have been killed especially in Orange County. There is at least one running around in the valley behind my property - never have seen it and the 120 pound English Fox Hound is still alive and running wild so there must be enough game for now to keep my dog alive.

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
I'd hate to have that cat putting the sneak on me, tpv!

Seems to be more cougar encounters happening here in Idaho now that wolves are killing the cougar hounds (although, they've killed a few cougars too), and few want to put that investment at risk.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This lion has been appearing in emails throughout this year as having been killed in 17 different States and 2 different Provinces. It was hit by a F350 on Highway 64 between Williams and Valle, Arizona, and killed by DPS Officer Jason Ellico who responded to the 911 call (he's the guy in the picture).

You can read it here: http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mountainlion2007.asp
Well, now we know for sure,but he'still a big cat.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes a few unlucky souls have been killed especially in Orange County. There is at least one running around in the valley behind my property - never have seen it and the 120 pound English Fox Hound is still alive and running wild so there must be enough game for now to keep my dog alive.
In Kal-eee Forni-Ah the three S's apply for dealing with a cougar in your back yard. "shoot, shovel, shut up."

·
Registered
102 Posts
big cat we used to see them all the time where hunted just outside of uvalde tx the little creek that ran thru the ranch was called gato creek and it lived up to it's name.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts