Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This inquiry is for Marshall. In your write up on " Big Rugers" you give a load of 28.0gr H110 under your 350gr LCMNGC for approx. 1375fps. in factory Redhawk. I have a custom 5 shot ruger by Jack Huntington and have ordered the same bullet to load. What`s approx. pressure of this load? Is it safe, it sounds like to much powder for bullet weight.
                                      Your responce is appreciated,
                                                        BWood

·
Registered
47 Posts
To your question about the load for the Redhawk, that style of bullet is made for the long cylinder of the Redhawk or Super Redhawk. Most five shot guns don't have the extra room for the longer cylinder hence they can only use standard length bullets. I don't have any pressure measuring equipment but it will probably be in the high 40,000 cup range, well within the limits of the Redhawk and your custom five-holer. That article was mine and I really enjoy shooting that Redhawk. That style of bullet with the nose-to-crimp length of .500 really awakens that gun and caliber to some awesome potential. Hope this helps and God Bless!

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr. Gage,

Thanks for your reply, as soon as I receive my order of 350gr LCMNGC`s from Beartooth I`ll load some up and work my way up starting 2gr lower and let you know how she does. Length shouldn`t be a problem do to my over sized cylinder, plus it`s added insurance that they will not chamber in gun not meant for them.

Thanks again Chris!

BWood

1 - 3 of 3 Posts