Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a company that makes a rubber grip to fit a Ruger Bisley.Tried Pachmayr web site, no luck. Or anybody else who makes grips for a Bisley. Not to fond of the Ruger factory grips.
        Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hippie,

To the best of my knowledge no one makes a rubber grip for the Bisley grip frame. Sure would like to see Uncle Mikes offer a Santoprene grip. Lett grips offers a wide range of grips for the Bisley. Houge has a few models as well. Check both out on the web.

The factory grips leave much to be desired as far as ergonomics are concerned. The swell at the bottom and squared area behind and below the trigger guard just don't make sense. If you'd like, with a 4 in hand file, you can reshape the factory grips quite nicely. I've done two now and they've turned out to be just right for my hand.

A few years back I read an article by Ross Seyfried where he fitted a piece of pigskin over the factory grips for a better feel. Didn't look to hot but it might be the ticket as far as shooting goes.

If you need any more information let me know.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MT Callanan: Took your advice and cut down the swell at the bottom. Lot more comfortable to shoot now. I was thinking about doing that before I asked the question. I guest I needed I little boot in the butt to do it. Thanks for the boot.   Hippie

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Hippie,

I also like to take my Bisley grips and take them down right behind the trigger guard... get rid of that fat, flat spot on the front side of the grip... for me it makes them much more comfortable to shoot!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts