Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,I got thru the fitting and reworking of the grips, slugged the chambers and polished them all to .432", slugged the bore, it measured .430" and felt very uniform throught its length. I did a little after market shuffle with a max size cylinder base pin, it needed a little fitting but the gun locks up nice and tight, added a white outline sight  and ordered a trigger spring kit from Brownells. After the spring job and some stoning and final engine turning on the hammer and trigger side surfaces, I think I am ready to fire lap, polish and finally use the darn thing. What would you suggest as the proper sized dia. for this revolver with the dimensions given? I will use it for Deer and Coyotes, any load suggestions? Having a great time with this revolver and cant wait to finish so I can start on my two .357" mags.
Thanks for all the great advice guys.

Phil Uruburu

·
Registered
192 Posts
Phil,

I'm planning on using the .4315 diameter bullets in my Bisley Vaquero. There on order so I've yet to shoot any. I'm going to experiment with the 280 gr WFN GC and the 250 gr LFN GC. Marshall's new 265 gr WFN GC will be thrown in as well.

Any of those three bullets will do the job. The 250 LFN has the potential for high velocity and deep penetration. The WFN bullets offer a tremendous amount of "slap" when they hit and should be murder on deer sized game. I don't think there's a bad choice in the bunch.

Have fun

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MT, thanks for the input, I haven't ordered any bullets yet but will soon. I want to get the trigger done first and the lapping, I will definately report on my progress. Thanks again.
Phil Uruburu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts