Shooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the Vaquero on the website, I was hoping for a 6.5 or 7.5in. adjustable sight SS in a Bisley(prefer a Hunter model, but I know they don't make that). Anyway, I appreciate you looking. Terry

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think about it, a Bisley Hunter SS in .357. Maybe 45, 47 oz. Put a silver Red Dot on it. Wow, what a 60-75yrd. deer gun. How about a 180gr. WFNGC at about 1400fps. Good medicine for Whitetail, hogs, Coyotes. What a great gun, beautiful. Ruger, are you listening????

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
You might be able to get a Blackhawk and convert the grip. I believe this is done.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, but just think Ruger would make it available from the factory. Oh, well.....Am I the only one that hunts where close quick shots count, and shoulder breakdowns are necessary?? I can hardly see more than 50yrds., much less than track that distance. Ruger, hear me now, BISLEY HUNTER .357 SS..........do you think they heard me?

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
They did make them, along with 41 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt. Check out rugerforum.com and place a WTB ad in the classifieds, I'm sure someone will help you out. Lots of Ruger Nuts over there.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate above comments, I would like to find a Bisley Hunter SS in .357. Don't think they have ever made them. I have a Blackhawk SS with 6.5in. barrel, a 7'5in. SS Bisley would be....sweet.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
They did make them, along with 41 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt. Check out rugerforum.com and place a WTB ad in the classifieds, I'm sure someone will help you out. Lots of Ruger Nuts over there.
Beat me too it Matt.

Yes, its very possible to remove the BH grip and install a Bisley grip. Have to do hammer and trigger too. Been looking at that conversion myself. Terry, Ruger has been taken over by the MBAs since Bill Ruger died. Yep, it would be a great product and neat combination but Ruger doesnt take specials like that unless they have guaranteed sales in large numbers. Its all bottom line now.

Of course, if I find a Bisley BH Hunter in .45C, I wont have to get the work done.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I believe you can find Bisley conversions at Brownell's. Steel, stainless and brass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts