Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out and bought some bh209 powder the other day and had some 777primers left over so I decided to use them.Iwent out to the range and shot about 25 shots with the new combination,seemed to work great good groups,consistent ignition and no swabbing.I went out today and used the same combo and had misfires and hangfires one after fhe other the breechplug was clean,any ideas what the problem could be,I thought maybe the primer was not hot enough but it worked flawless the first time.Any help would be appreciated.

·
RIP Me. Gates
2,429 Posts
First of all.....Blackhorn does not need the 777 primers, they were designed for 777 powder! Use regular 209's with Blackhorn 209.
I have a couple of questions......did you clean the barrel? Is it possible that you pushed some junk into the small hole in the front of the breechplug? Take a lot at the attachedment and be sure the small hole in the front of the breechplug id completely clear.......James

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The breech plug was taken out and totally cleaned,The barrel was also swabbed clean.I switched to w209 primers and that seems to work good for now.

·
RIP Me. Gates
2,429 Posts
Due to extensive tests by very qualified people,the ideal flash hole in the breach is .035" to .036" (see attachment on previous post)
I would suggest your getting a #65 drill bit (.035") and put it in a pin drill to keep the primer fouling clear from the flash hole.....James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts