Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the looks of the Browning takedown in stainless. If I got one it would be in .358 Win. Want to know how accurate and durable they are.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Accurate enough for deer sized game in the 358 range, triggers are not great -a good gunsmith can improve it. Durability is very good.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Like the looks of the Browning takedown in stainless. If I got one it would be in .358 Win. Want to know how accurate and durable they are.
PM has been sent.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Everyone I've conversed with who has had one has said that they are very accurate, and even more accurate than most of their bolt-guns. Haven't shot one myself, so that's just hearsay, but I trust the sources.

Just some reading you might enjoy:

http://www.gunblast.com/Browning-BLR358.htm

Also, the 358 is based on the 308 case, which is an extremely accurate round...which is another issue entirely.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Well I know about ten people and I am also one , that has had timing issue's with the new light weight BLR. then there are many people out there who have had good service from their guns .
The 358 W is an excellent round for reloaders as WINCHESTER makes onlythe one load for it. The federal is the only one loading the 338F , but offers some choice in bullet weights .
Case's can be formed easy with well lubed inside necks from 308 brass .
Here in Central Ontario (Mixed Farms and bush ) there is almost a 358 W Cult following as the round works great on deer moose and of course BEAR!.

Would I buy another 358 W chambering ? Yep !! but it would be a ruger bolt !! And Ruger has dropped the line for lack of sales .

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought a Ruger Hawkeye SS on Gun Broker last week. NIB .358 Win. Hasn't arrived at my local dealer yet. I have a .308 so all I need are the dies and bullets and those are ordered to.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
358w

If you look back on Past forums(Last year ) you will find Beartracker , who has a 358 Ruger bolt .
I had just sold the BLR after three atempts to have it repaired , so then bought a tikka in 338 F as no one at the time chambered the 358 in a bolt action.
I would have loved the ruger since then too - I could also load up the lead 35 cal bullets ans banged away at a low cost .

Hope you will enjoy your gun.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts